Goonj has launched Goonj Fellowship, a one-year fellowship for youngsters who are keen to engage with some real-life challenges, tasks and timelines, to give them hands on experience and immersion into urban and rural India’s realities and a precursor for their future action plan at the end of the fellowship.
Types of Fellowships:
- Goonj Fellowship.
- Grassroots Fellowship (Rural).
- Minimum qualification – graduation in any discipline.
- Open for Indian citizens only.
- Age – 21 to 30 years of age as on July 1st, 2019.
The 1-year fellowship is an immersion experience for young graduates and professionals to understand the practical aspects of working on issues and an opportunity to observe the realities of India first-hand. Some highlights of the fellowship:
- It gives you a chance to work on innovative ideas and execute them pan-India.
- You get hands on experience connecting with Goonj’s ongoing/planned campaigns in collaboration with its internal stakeholders and contributors.
- You work with Goonj’s experienced rural and urban implementation teams on the last mile challenges and grassroots problems and solutions.
- You create your own action plan within the social sector under the mentorship of an expert panel.
- You connect with inspiring social entrepreneurs and interact with Magsaysay Awardee and Goonj Founder Mr. Anshu Gupta.
- Fellowship Stipend will be a fixed amount ranging between Rs 18000 – Rs 20000 per month, depending on the city. This will be all inclusive of travel, phone, internet etc.
- City travel allowances will be reimbursed based on actuals.
Grassroots Fellowship (Rural):
Fellows will be disbursed a stipend of Rs. 10000 – 12000 to sustain their monthly expenditures.
Goonj works in parts of 23 states in deeper rural pockets and has offices in Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Rishikesh,Chennai, Kochi and Mumbai. Based on need and your interest areas you will be placed in any of these above locations.
How to Apply?
- Online Application: Click here to apply.
- Offline Application: Click here to download the form. Mail the filled application form along with your Statement of Purpose and Letter of Recommendation at fellowship[at]goonj.org.
- You can also courier a hard copy of the application at Goonj, J-93, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi-110076 with a label/subject-line named ‘Goonj Fellowship’.
Click here to download the form.
- Application open: December 2018 to March 2019.
- Names for interview round: April 2019.
- Confirmation mail: May 2019.
- Commencement of Fellowship: July 1st, 2019.