About the Program
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the tech industry by encouraging women to excel as active participants and leaders in the field.
Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive a cash award for the 2020-2021 academic years. A group of female undergraduate students (year 1 / year 2 only) will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s passion for diversity, demonstrated technical skills, and leadership and academic accomplishments.
All scholarship recipients will also be invited to attend a Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in one of their local Google offices in 2020. This retreat will be a great opportunity to connect with local scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshops.
- Scholarship: An academic scholarship, awarded based on academic performance, leadership, and impact on the community of women in tech.
- Retreat: An opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development training and workshops.
- Community: An online network with fellow Scholars Program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech, and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Identify as female
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2020-2021 academic year (as a full time student) in an undergraduate program
- Be in year 1 or year 2 of their undergraduate program
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a good academic record
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current institutions)
- Current resume
- Latest academic scores
- Responses to two short answer questions