Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship by Google
Are you an ever-optimistic person who believes we can make the world a more sustainable place? Are you passionate about the field of computer science and engineering? Are you already using computer science to develop solutions for some of the challenges, or opportunities, that you see around you?
If yes, we invite you to apply for the Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship. Selected students will receive a financial award of 750 USD towards tuition and education related expenses, and will be invited to visit the YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California, USA.
Selected students will also have an opportunity to submit a proposal, and potentially receive a funding of up to 225 USD to spend on growing computer science in the local community.
Who can apply
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in a college/university in India, for the 2017-18 and 2018-19 academic year
- Be currently pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
Note: The Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While past applicants are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply.
Apply online at this link.
- Write an essay (300 words maximum) to tell us about the following:
- How do you plan to use computer science to make the world a more sustainable place?
- If you receive this scholarship, how will you use it to advance your passion and the goals of this scholarship?
- Write an essay (250 words maximum) to tell us about the following: What adversity have you faced, and how did it impact your career? Please explain the steps you took to overcome it.
- Submit a video (1 minute maximum) telling us why you would like to receive this scholarship. Please upload it on YouTube and share the link in the application.
- Submit your resume/CV. Be sure to include your experience in the area of computer science, as well as your leadership experiences and the impact you have created.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation. They can be from your faculty or supervisors at your workplace (internship, part-time job, full-time job).
Application deadline: Friday, June 15, 2018 at 11:59 pm IST
For any queries, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For official website link, click here.