Google invites applications from meritorious Doctoral candidates for its Software Engineering Internship Program 2021.
Google, LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
Google offers a range of internships across EMEA in either Software Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering. Duration and start dates will vary according to project and location. Their recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your resume.
- Software Engineering Intern: Google’s Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a Software Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. We need our engineers to be versatile and enthusiastic in tackling new problems as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of a versatile team, you will design, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions.
- Site Reliability Intern: As a Site Reliability Engineering Intern, you will work on software development projects to keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running. Our engineers create, fix, extend, and scale the code to keep it working and to harden it against all the vagaries of the internet. We drive reliability and performance across a massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack.
- Research, conceive, and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects using natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning, and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to data and information.
- Currently enrolled in a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Coding experience in one of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Demonstrated background in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Knowledge of UNIX/ Linux or Windows environments, as well as APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/ IP and network programming.
How to Apply?
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is December 4, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Winter Internship 2020 at IIT Bhubaneswar [Dec 22-Jan 15]: Register by Dec 10.