Applications are now invited for the Google Podcasts Creator Program 2020. Free to participants, the 12-week training will be entirely virtual and conducted by PRX alongside international industry experts and Google Podcasts creator program alumni.
The Google Podcasts Creator Program is a partnership between Google and PRX that trains, mentors, and provides resources to underrepresented voices in podcasting around the world.
Last year, they welcomed early-stage producers from Brazil, Chile, Colombia, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Spain, and the United States. This year, the program will serve creators from around the globe who have produced at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019, and who want to advance their skills and take their productions to the next level.
Participants in the program will receive:
- Training on topics such as storytelling, sound design, and reaching audiences through marketing and engagement;
- Regular feedback on all aspects of their production, including editorial and technical input;
- Equipment and software to help meet independent production needs amid the challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic; and,
- Up to $12,000 (Rs. 9,02,837.40/- Approx.) in funding for use as they see fit for their productions.
The program is open to podcasters from around the world who:
- Have published at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019;
- Are willing to pause production during the program;
- Represent a range of geographies, backgrounds, views, voices, and styles;
- Are interested in making their podcast sustainable through teamwork, openness to iteration and change, and pursuing revenue and audience growth.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is August 2, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.