Applications are now invited for the Google Ph.D. Fellowship Program 2021.
This highly competitive program offers both early and late-stage Ph.D. fellowships to recognize and encourage graduate students doing work in Computer Science and related fields.
Each fellowship recipient will be assigned a Google Research Mentor over the duration of the fellowship. Engagement with the Google Research Mentor will include discussions on research direction, research progress updates, and knowledge sharing.
Google Ph.D. Fellowship students are a select group recognized by Google researchers and their institutions as some of the most promising young academics in the world. The Fellowships are awarded to students who represent the future of research in the following fields:
- Algorithms, Optimizations, and Markets
- Computational Neuroscience
- Health Research
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networking
- Students receive named Fellowships which include a monetary award.
- The funds are given directly to the university to be distributed to cover the student’s expenses and stipend as appropriate.
- The funds are given as an unrestricted gift, and it is Google’s policy not to pay for overhead on unrestricted gifts.
- In addition, the student will be matched with a Google Research Mentor who we hope will become a valuable resource to the student.
- There is no employee relationship between the student and Google as a result of receiving the fellowship.
- Fellowship recipients are not subject to intellectual property restrictions unless they complete an internship at Google.
- Fellowship recipients serving an internship are subject to the same intellectual property and other contractual obligations as any other Google intern.
- If a Fellowship student is interested, an internship at Google is encouraged, but not guaranteed or required.
- Students must remain enrolled in the Ph.D. program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible
- Students who are already receiving another industry fellowship are not eligible.
For early-stage/ incoming Ph.D. students:
- If the applicant is not a Ph.D. student enrolled on or after Jan 2020, student applicants must be current full-time undergraduate or Master’s students enrolled at an Indian University. Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in India
- The Google Fellowship award will be contingent on the awardee registering for the full-time Ph.D. program at an Indian university, in Computer Science or related areas, within the calendar year 2021, or the award shall be forfeited
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not mean admission to the Ph.D. program of a university. The awardee must also complete the Ph.D. admission process of the respective institute/ university where they wish to register for their Ph.D. Granting of the Google Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute/ university where the awardee registers for the Ph.D. program.
For late-stage Ph.D. students:
- Applicants must have enrolled in a full-time Ph.D. program at an Indian university before January 2020.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related areas.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is April 22, 2021.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.