Google News Initiative Newsroom Leadership Program [New York]: Apply by Jun 26
The program aims to enhance the leadership skills and nimble decision-making capacity of emerging newsroom leaders in the Asia-Pacific region, with particular focus on applied technology, audience-centric behaviors, design thinking, data applications, understanding business models and editorial innovation.
Fellows will gain skills and knowledge to make better strategic decisions for their newsrooms and audiences. Each Fellow will also work on a specific project during the year that is relevant to their newsroom within the main fellowship topics: technology, monetization and data.
The GNI Newsroom Leadership Program includes four weeks of on-site classroom sessions, with Columbia University School of Journalism delivering the core training over three weeks, supplemented by other training offered by Google. Fellows will receive individual coaching on their projects throughout the year.
Successful applicants are emerging newsroom leaders working full-time in editorial positions at news organizations headquartered in the Asia-Pacific, and are endorsed by their employers. The program is rigorous, with lectures and speakers, reading and written assignments conducted in English, with no translation.
The application includes:
- A completed Google Form with personal details
- One professional goals essay
- One letter of recommendation from a current colleague or manager who can speak to the applicant’s current role, professional achievements and capabilities.
- A letter of endorsement from the applicant’s employer, including one signed by at least two members of senior management from different departments (editorial, business, product) in the news organization.
- Articulation of the individual project that you want to focus on during the year.
All application materials must be submitted by the applicant in a Google Document and linked in the Google Form by June 26, 2019. Late or incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
For any queries, e-mail:
- Application: email@example.com
- Curriculum/Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further information, visit the website here.
About the Author