About the Competition
Story-A-Thon is a platform for young authors to explore their creative writing skills. They are welcoming stories from kids between 5-11 years of age. Kids can write their stories in either English, Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic, whichever language they are comfortable with.
This contest is open to:
- kids between age group 5-11 years, who have obtained their parent and/or legal guardian’s permission to enter
- not a resident of Italy, Brazil, Quebec, Crimea, Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, or Sudan, and
- not a person or entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions.
- The contest is not open to employees (and their immediate families) of Google LLC and any affiliates (“Google”), as well as representatives or agencies of Google or other persons professionally connected with the Story-a-thon.
Judging and Selection Criteria
Each story will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”:
- Title of the story
- How appropriate is the title of the story
- Relevance in the current world scenario
- How the story takes inspiration from pressing issues of today, from access to safe drinking water, quality education for both genders to being a responsible citizen of planet earth!
- Thoughts and actions to make the world a better place
- Unique and heartfelt ideas which inspire.
- Structure, grammar and flow of the story
- Choice of words with correct usage of grammar, punctuation and accuracy of spellings with a smooth and compelling progression of the storyline.
- Acceptance of prizes is subject to permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- The winners will be announced based on the judging criteria.
- The winners will be notified directly on or before 30th November 2020 via email.
- The winners get their story published on Read Along by Google, Global Digital Library, and Pratham Storyweaver.
- Also all Entrants who are not disqualified get a participation e-certificate.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
Sep 30, 2020
For more details, click the link below.