Participate in Google India Code to Learn Contest 2020. Develop a project using Scratch or App Inventor “Be a codestar. Do the next Big.” Parents, Legal Guardians or School Teachers of students in classes 5 to 12 can register.
The contest is open to all students in classes 5 to 12 enrolled at any school in India. The students will compete in three class groups:
- Classes 5 & 6
- Classes 7 & 8
- Classes 9 & 10
What to do?
- Students in classes 5-8 create projects using Scratch or App Inventor fun and exciting tools created by MIT.
- Students in classes 9-10 can create projects using Scratch, App Inventor or Machine learning projects using Google Cloud AutoML.
- Students in classes 11-12 create Machine Learning projects using Google Cloud AutoML.
- Note: Scratch and App Inventor projects from Class 11 – 12 students will not be accepted.
- A panel of judges will select 10 finalists from each class group.
- All the 10 finalists from each class group will go through a second round of judging to select 3 winners.
- The finalists and winners will be announced on this website.
- The winners will be in no particular order. All of them will receive the same prize and certificate.
- Originality: a unique and novel idea of the project.
- Application of Computer Science concepts: a number of different concepts applied and their relevance to the project idea. Standard concepts include Variables, Looping, Conditional execution, Input and Output.
- The complexity of the project: as measured using standard techniques for analysis of algorithms.
The 9 winners (3 from each class group) will get a certificate of achievement and a Nexus tablet or Chromebook laptop or an equivalent gift.
All the finalists will get a certificate of achievement.
How to Register?
For registration visit here
- Submission Deadline: 31 July 2020 (End of Day)
- Announcement of Finalists: On or after 15-November-2020
- Announcement of Winners: On or after 30-November-2020