About the Challenge
The Solution Challenge is an annual contest presented by Developer Student Clubs (DSC) that invites students to develop solutions for local community problems using one or more Google products or platforms.
The participants must develop a solution for a local community problem using one or more Google products or platforms and submit a video to YouTube that demonstrates how the solution can be utilized by a user in less than 120 seconds. The solution that you develop and video (from here on called the “Entry” will be evaluated by judges, who will choose the winner(s) in accordance with these Official Rules. The prize(s) will be awarded to participant(s) with the highest score for the judging criteria.
To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be:
- above the age of 18 in the country, state, province or jurisdiction of residence (or at least twenty years old in Taiwan) at the time of entry;
- not a resident of Brazil, Quebec, Crimea, Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, or Sudan) or;
- not a person or entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions;
- be part of the Developer Student Club community on your university or college campus
- have access to the Internet as of January 6, 2020. Contest is void in Brazil, Quebec, Crimea, Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Sudan), and where prohibited by law.
The prize will include:
- round-trip airfare (coach) for the Winning Teams (maximum 4 participants per team; maximum 10 teams) to travel from the major airport closest to the individual’s residence to Sunnyvale, California, USA;
- double-occupancy hotel accommodation for three nights in Sunnyvale, California, USA; and
- food and hotel accommodations at Sponsor’s discretion.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the challenge through this link.
April 30, 2020
For more details, click here.