The WeTech Goldman Sachs opportunity will be available for university students from participating universities in India for the 2018-2019 school year. A total of forty-five (45) students will receive a six-month guided virtual mentorship opportunity from approximately April through October 2019 where the students will be matched 1:1 with an experienced mentor from Goldman Sachs.
Additionally, ten (10) USD 1,500 scholarships will be available for those demonstrate strong financial need with special circumstances. The financial award may be used to cover fees associated with a student’s academic course of study and is not strictly limited to tuition.
The scholarship eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be female.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicant must be able to communicate in English.
- Applicant must be a current undergraduate student at a participating university in her second or third year of studies.
- Applicant must be seeking a degree in engineering, computer science, or other ICT related studies.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate leadership potential in her chosen engineering or ICT field (reference letters are required).
- Applicant must be willing and available to participate in a virtual mentorship for a period of six months beginning from April to September 2019.
Participating universities/institutes for 2018-2019:
- Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW), Delhi
- Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Pune
- PESIT, Bengaluru
- Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (RVCE), Bengaluru
- Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR
- IIT Hyderabad
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019.
For further details on the same, click here.