Godrej Archives, in collaboration with Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta (CSSSC) has announced TWO Research Fellowships in Business history: (i) Post-doctoral Fellowship and (ii) General Fellowship.
These fellowships enable those interested in research in business and industrial history, to:
- Conduct research at Godrej Archives located in Mumbai, at the archives of the CSSSC now located at the institution’s new unit at 10 Lake Terrace, Kolkata and other archives in India relevant to the topic.
- Present their work at seminars/ conferences organised by Godrej Archives and CSSSC.
- Publish the research paper under the Godrej Fellowship Programme if deemed qualified by the review committee for publication.
Interested and eligible candidates should send an application letter along with a detailed synopsis on any of the following topics:
- Family Businesses.
- History of Marketing/ Advertising.
- History of business practices: systems and processes.
- History of manufacturing/ engineering.
- Product history (Design, Manufacturing, Marketing, Distribution etc.).
- History of consumption/ commodities.
- Public-Private Partnerships.
- Industrial Townships.
- Gender and business.
- Archival Sources of business history.
The selected research fellows will be awarded fellowship of Rs. 1,00,000 per annum for a period of one year and the selected post-doctoral fellows will be awarded fellowship of Rs. 1,25,000. Travel and accommodation will be reimbursed on actuals upon the submission and approval of travel expense statement and the travel report. The candidate should submit an essay (7000-8000 words) at the end of the Fellowship year.
The maximum number of Research Fellowships available for the year 2018- 2019 are 2 (two) only. The period of the Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of One year only. The selection for the fellowship will be through presentation-cum-interview.
- Post-doctoral Fellowship: Scholars who have shown significant competence in research work, having been awarded their PhD and have done equivalent research work of merit in History or its allied subjects, and desire to work on approved research themes under the guidance of the review committee. The applicants for the Fellowship should be affiliated with a University or a research institute of repute.
- General Fellowship: Post graduate scholars who have shown significant competence in research work, and have published research work of merit in History or its allied subjects, and desire to work on approved research themes under the guidance of the review committee.
How to Apply:
- A detailed synopsis (Five copies) on the proposed research topic should be submitted (both soft copy & hard copy) along with the application letter and requisite documents/certificates.
- Self-attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, research experience and signed copy of check list etc.
- Two recommendation letters.
The above mentioned documents are to be sent by post to the following address: Chief Archivist, Godrej Archives, Plant 19A, Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd., Pirojshanagar, Vikhroli (W), Mumbai 400079. And also, soft copy / electronic copy should be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: April 15, 2018.
In case of query, please contact: email@example.com or +91 22 6796 4124/ 4199.
For further details on the same, click here.