Applications are now open for the Global Youth Climate Network 2021 Climate Ambassador Program.
Global Youth Climate Network (GYCN), an initiative of the Youth-to-Youth (Y2Y) Community of young professionals at the World Bank Group, is looking for motivated young leaders across the world to join the 2021 Climate Ambassador Program!
The Climate Ambassador Program is a nine-month online program that provides an educational and leadership opportunity for young leaders to tap into the WBG global knowledge on climate change and sustainable development, deepen understanding of climate change complexities in a rapidly changing global environment, learn how to design and implement various climate actions and effectively lead initiatives to mitigate climate change and tackle the most pressing issues in their communities. Furthermore, the program provides an excellent opportunity for young leaders to connect and amplify their message and scale up climate action!
As an ambassador you will:
- Commit ~3 hours per week to act in their role between January through September 2021.
- Attend the opening orientation and closing sessions (at the beginning and at the end of the program), and biweekly online sessions on climate knowledge and leadership (two online sessions per month).
- Complete at least three climate-related actions in their communities.
- Actively participate in GYCN social media campaigns.
- You are 18-35 years old (at the time of application and through the end of September 2021)
- You are a dynamic, creative, and innovative changemaker who inspires and empowers others
- You are passionate about climate change and sustainable development
- You are motivated to design and lead climate initiatives and impact your community
- You have a proven track record in youth empowerment and community engagement and have the ambition to grow to your full potential
Applicants must meet the age and language requirements, and will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Past and current experience as a youth leader in communities at the local, regional, national, or global level; demonstrated ability to organize community activities is an advantage.
- Passion for climate change and sustainable development, and motivation to take actions and empower others.
- Scale and strength of the applicant’s network and active presence on any of the social media platforms.
- The potential impact of the applicant’s proposed contributions to their communities and networks.
The evaluation and selection process will take into account various factors, such as diversity in age, gender, and geographic locations to select a set of individuals that closely reflect the global community.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is December 18, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.