The CLIFF-GRADS program invites applications for short-term (4-6 month) scientific training and research on the measurement and management of greenhouse gas emissions and carbon storage in agricultural systems. Students from developing countries who are currently enrolled in PhD research related to agricultural greenhouse gas quantification or mitigation are eligible to apply. Research will be conducted in association with CCAFS and GRA scientists’ projects.
CLIFF-GRADS integrates the Global Research Alliance Development Scholarship and the Climate Food and Farming Research Network with the common goal of providing grants to PhD students in developing countries to expand their knowledge and experience in quantification of agricultural greenhouse gases. Selected students will be sponsored in the amount of 10,000 -12,000 USD.
Applications are requested on either of two themes:
- Measurement and mitigation of agricultural greenhouse gas emissions or carbon storage in agricultural systems in developing countries, including in the context of enhancing food security;
- Quantification and mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions from reduced food loss in high emission supply chains (e.g. dairy, beef, vegetables, fruits) in developing countries, including estimation of costs and constraints to mitigation.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled PhD students in a field related to quantification of greenhouse gas emissions or carbon sequestration in agricultural systems.
- Applicants must be students from a developing country.
To have their application reviewed, applicants must complete the CLIFF-GRADS Student Application online survey and submit the necessary documentation as described below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be in English and include the following documents merged into one PDF file:
- 1-2 page motivation letter (described below)
- 1-page curriculum vitae that includes your contact details
- Letter of support from your PhD supervisor at your current host university
The deadline for applications is September 30, 2019. You may submit your application by email to email@example.com.
For any queries, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org