The Ministry of Education invites applications from Indian nationals for the 2021 Global Korea Scholarship which is being offered by the National Institute for International Education (NIIED) of the Government of the Republic of Korea.
- Number of scholarships: 22 under quota for General Applicants under ‘Embassy Track’
- Number of nominations: 45 (Final Selection would be done by the NIIED).
- Level of Course: (i) Master’s, (ii) Doctoral and (iii) Research Programmes
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea at graduate-level degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
Eligibility Criteria for this scholarship as set by the NIIED are as follows:
- Must be under 40 years of age (born after 1 September 1981).
- Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of 1 September 2021 (born after 1 September 1976) are also eligible to apply.
- Master’s Program Applicants: Must hold or must be expected to hold a Bachelor’s Degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s degree by August 31st 2021.
- Doctoral Program Applicants: Must hold a Master’s degree or must be expected to hold a Master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s Degree by 31 August 2021.
- Research Program Applicants: Must have received an invitation from one of the partner universities and must meet the criteria below:
- Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a Doctoral degree (by 28 February 2021)
- Professor Exchange Program: Must hold a Master’s degree or higher AND must be teaching at a university as a professor.
- Program for Education Science Culture International Cooperation Professionals: Must hold a Master’s degree or higher AND must be a professional in a field of Education, Science, Culture or International Cooperation (E.S.C.I)
- All applicants must have maintained the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) equivalent to or higher than 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one’s class
- Other conditions as set out by the Government of Republic of Korea (please refer to the enclosed guidelines for the scholarship).
- Must be under 40 years of age (born after September 1, 1981)
- Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2021 (born after September 1, 1976) and hold citizenship of one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients.
Criteria for Nomination
- Priority for the nomination would be given to candidates who are pursuing/have completed their last qualifying exam either from Institutes of National Importance (INI)/Central Universities (CU)/ Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI)/ National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accredited institutions.
- Marks obtained therein would be used as a tie-break in making nominations
How to Apply?
- Applicants are required to apply online on the Ministry’s application portal here.
- Applicants are required to submit four copies of the 2021 Global Korea Scholarship application form available on the aforementioned Korean Government website duly filled along with the supporting documents latest by 21 March 2021 to the Under Secretary (Scholarships), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, 2 nd Floor, Wing-6, West Block – 1, R. K. Puram, New Delhi- 110066.
A scanned copy of the following documents needs to be uploaded at the time of online application:
- Marks sheet of Secondary Examination (Class X)
- Marks sheet of Higher Secondary Examination (Class XII)
- Last Grade Card available (in case of appearing candidates) or Degree Certificate in case of already passed candidates
March 19, 2021
Phone: 91-11-4200-7000, 011-26172492
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
For more details, click the link below.