Youth with the ideas to change social or environmental problems are invited to participate in the Global Innovation Challenge 2021 by Social Shifters.
About Social Shifters
Social Shifters is a global network of next-generation leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs. A non-profit organization, working alongside the Social Enterprise Institute and their global partners to support social and environmental action and entrepreneurship.
About the Challenge
The 2021 Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge will take you from idea to entrepreneur – helping bring your idea to life and sharpening your social business skills.
- Everyone who enters receives a package of Free startup support and mentoring to develop their idea.
- The first 500 applicants will receive a VIP ticket to the Social Enterprise World Forum 2021.
- The best idea solutions will compete for cash prizes and funding pots of up to $10,000
- Finalists will receive global recognition and exposure at the Social Enterprise World Forum 27-29 Sept 2021.
- There are prizes for runners up too, and all shortlisted ideas get opportunities for global recognition and media publicity.
- The Challenge is open to anyone 18-30 years old.
- You can enter on your own or as a team (up to 5 members). Team participation is strongly encouraged.
All entries will be evaluated based on the following:
- Impactful: Will the business idea solve an important social or environmental problem?
- Innovative: Is the idea insightful, and potentially a breakthrough solution to the problem?
- Feasible: Could the idea be implemented with financial and mentoring support?
- Scalable: Does this idea have the potential to be expanded on a larger scale?
Submissions that include a short video pitch (less than 60 seconds) will receive additional points in the evaluation.
How to Apply?
- It’s quick and simple to submit an entry.
- Just tell about the social or environmental problem you want to solve, what your business solution is, and what difference it will make. This can be a non-profit or for-profit idea but must be at an early stage (less than one-year-old with no significant funding in place).
- Upload a short video if you can, to bring your submission to life.
- Interested candidates can submit their ideas through this link.
- Registration Open- April 1, 2021
- Application Open- May 26, 2021
- Submission Deadline- July 16, 2021
- Evaluation Period- July 17 to August 9, 2021
- Incubation Period for Finalist- August 10 to September 17, 2021
- Prizes and Awards- September 27 to September 29, 2021
More such opportunities you might be interested in: