Applications are invited for Global D-Prize Challenges 2021. The last date of submission is 17 October 2021.
The world has already invented products and services to end poverty. Yet we have found dozens of proven interventions with large delivery gaps. Millions of people still don’t have access.
Can you design a new business or NGO that delivers a proven poverty intervention at scale? Submit your idea to build a new organization and solve one of our Distribution Challenges below. We will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch wherever extreme poverty exists.
- Health Access: Under this, we have multiple challenges such as Self-Injectable Contraceptive Challenge, Oxygen Challenge, Patient Identification Challenge, Maternal Health Challenge, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Challenge, Prevention Of Mother-To-Child Transmission Challenge, Child Immunisation Challenge, Sugar Daddy Awareness Challenge.
- Clean Water: Can you install and promote community chlorine dispensers to increase access to clean water?
- Education: Can you teach basic reading and mathematics skills to primary school students in a resource-limited classroom?
- Agriculture: Can you provide smallholder farmers high-quality inputs and training proven to increase their harvests? Can you provide smallholder farmers post-harvest loans and storage technology proven to increase their incomes? We have multiple challenges under Agriculture as well.
- Livelihoods: Can you provide business coaching, capital, and social support to lift people out of ultra poverty?
- Energy: Can you sell pico solar lamps to rural or slum-dwelling households without regular access to electricity?
- Public Services: Public services in developing countries are rife with corruption. Public reporting and scorecards create real accountability. Can you monitor and report data to reduce corruption and improve public service?
- Custom: Propose your own challenge! If you know of another proven intervention in need of greater distribution, D-Prize would like to hear it. The only requirements are to choose an already proven poverty solution that is in need of distribution to more people in the developing world.
- The Global Competition launches on September 7, 2021.
- Early Submission Deadline: October 17, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: November 7, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 200 people who register): November 28, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background. The majority of our awardees have not launched nor raised any funding.
Interested candidates can apply via this page.
- Round 1: Submit your concept note and resume(s). D-Prize generally receives 1700 submissions per competition.
- Round 2: Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full proposal. You will have two weeks to draft and submit.
- Final Round:Top entrepreneurs interview via phone and email. The top 1% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
- Launch: You will spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
You may also be interested in: