The 11th Edition of Government Law College Model United Nations is scheduled to be held from 22nd – 24th March 2019 at Government Law College, Mumbai.
Model United Nations is an academic simulation of the United Nations wherein every participant represents a country and aims to ensure world peace through this platform. Our conferences over the past decade have seen delegates participate from all over the country and abroad. Government Law College Model United Nations is one of the oldest and most prestigious MUN conferences in the country.
The GLCMUN Society has been successfully simulating one of the biggest and largest MUN conferences for the past 10 years. This 11th Edition, we have chosen the theme for our 11th Edition as “A Global Mission for Peace and Human Rights”, furthering the mission of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Mr. Antonio Guterres who acknowledged and commended our efforts by sending us a message for the 11th Edition of GLCMUN
The Closing Ceremony of previous edition, GLCMUN’18 ,was honoured by the presence of Former Supreme Court Judge, Justice Gyan Sudha Misra, Founder of Gateway House and former IFS officer, Mrs. Neelam Deo, Consul General of Iran, Mr. Ahmad Sadeghi, the Consul General of South Africa, ML Ramokgopa, and the National Spokesperson of AAP, Mr. Raghav Chadda.
We also Collaborate with the Teach for India Foundation to inculcate in students from the TFI classrooms diplomacy and the concept of the United Nations. We promote and support the UN Women’s HeForShe campaign.
The Committees and Agendas for GLCMUN’19 are as follows:
UN Security Council
- The situation in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and review of the MONUSCO mandate.
- Maintenance of International Peace and Security: Non-proliferation of weapons of Mass Destruction.
Ukraine Nato Interparliamentary Council
- Russian aggression against NATO allies
- Solution to the Ukranian conflict
United Nations General Assembly (DISEC)
- Discussing the issues pertaining to the drafting of the Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism.
- The possibility of a Nuclear Weapons Free Zone in the Middle East
World Economic Forum
- Strengthening Public-Private Partnerships to combat money laundering and financial crimes.
- Advancement in the fourth Industrial revolution with an emphasis on cybersecurity.
United Nations General Assembly (Legal)
- Safeguarding ocean space for present and future generations.
- The legitimacy of economic sanctions under international law.
United Nations Human Rights Council
- Human Rights of Civilians and Non-Combatants in Conflict Zones with special reference to Women and Children.
- Preparing for the Aftermath of the Syrian Conflict.
- Laws relating to Fugitive Economic Offenders.
- Discussion on the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018.
The Priority Registration Fee is INR 1800. (To be Paid After Priority Round Closes).
The Accommodation Fee is INR 4500 for 3 Nights at Astoria Hotel, Mumbai.(To be Paid After Priority Round Closes).
Note: Last Date for Priority Round Registration: 23rd January 2019.
For 1st Round of Registration, visit the following Google link.
2nd Round of Delegate and IP Applications are open till March 08.
The Registration fee is INR 2000.
For registration of 2nd Round, visit at the following Google link.
Note: Round One Allotments and Details to be released soon.
For registration of 3rd Round, visit at the following Google link.
Awards: Over INR 1 Lakh.
Renowned for its unmatched hospitality, unparalleled cuisine, and a consummate level of debate in the heart of the City of Dreams.
Phone: 91 7666076606/ 9820221927/ 8194856662/ 9167984094
For official notification, visit here.
Noticebard is proud to support this GLCMUN’19 as a media partner.