About the Summit
Since 2010, the G(irls)20 Global Summit has served as the only platform for young women to influence the G20. Every year, the Summit is held in the same country as the G20 Presidency; in 2020 Saudi Arabia will host world leaders and engagement groups.
In October 2020, 25+ young women from around the world will meet for the 11th Global Summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors. Participation at the Summit (including the cost of travel) is free of any costs for delegates.
The summit for delegates will include:
- Workshops building valuable leadership skills;
- Panels and speeches on the key economic policy issues facing girls and women globally;
- Developing a Communiqué with recommendations to the G20 based on the delegates’ unique experience and expertise;
- The opportunity to build lifelong friendships with 200+ young female leaders from around the world;
- Building a network of mentors from the across the public and private sectors.
- Must be 18 years old when you submit your application, and must not be older than 23 years old before October 31, 2020.
- Holds or can obtain a valid passport
- Holds citizenship in any of the participating countries or regions: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, European Union.
What’s Expected of a Delegate?
Every applicant submits one idea for a policy recommendation to be incorporated into the Communiqué + one idea for a community development/ social entrepreneurship project to launch at home. Successful delegates will be expected to:
- Spend approximately 5 hours per week from May – September 2020 doing pre-Summit work online
- Collaborate with an online Working Group of delegates to develop policy recommendations
- Participate in 1-2 video calls per month with policy experts, leadership coaches, and media training experts
- Participate fully in the week-long Summit, including attending all sessions, making new connections, asking questions, and bringing an open mind.
- Contribute to the development of a Communiqué.
- Post-Summit, launch a community development project at home.
- Monthly check-ins with mentors following Summit
How to Apply?
Interested participants can apply through this link.
March 13, 2020