The central theme behind Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS) or Water Sensitive Urban design (WSUD) is to try to understand natural processes and simulate or reproduce them well integrated with the existing urban systems. This is quite antithetical to the principle of current drainage systems, which considers stormwater as an unwanted entity, which the systems want to quickly get rid of, rather than considering it as a prime resource.
The field oriented practical methods of “Sustainable Stormwater Management” as used world over require a wider dissemination to the Indian audience, so as to generate awareness and facilitate their ground level implementation in the future so as to develop urban centres having sustainability as the core paradigm.
The proposed academic program intends to bring academics, researchers and practitioners together for brainstorming on the above stated topic and interaction with the internationally and nationally acclaimed experts through lectures, case studies and hands-on tutorial and practical sessions.
Who should attend
Participants from Industry, Research, Government and Non- Government Organisations,
Faculty and Students from Institutions all over the world who are interested in the course are welcome to register.
- Urban hydrological cycle and processes,
- Urban growth and its impacts,
- Runoff estimation,
- Stormwater pollution,
- Stormwater monitoring and characterization,
- Framework(s) of Stormwater Management,
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic design of Stormwater system,
- Philosophy of Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD),
- Design of WSUD elements,
- Stormwater system modeling,
- Role of wetlands in stormwater management,
- Stormwater harvesting.
The registration fees are as follows:
- Participants from abroad: US $ 500
- Industry: Rs. 15,000
- Officers of Govt. Organisations/NGOs: Rs. 10,000
- Faculty or Scientists of Research / Academic Institutions: Rs. 10,000
- Students of Academic Institutions-: Rs. 5,000
For the registration form, visit here.
Last Date for Registration: Jun 30
For any queries, contact
Prof. Himanshu Joshi
Department of Hydrology
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Phone: +91-1332286534, 285390 (O), +91-1332285403 (R), +91-9412394288
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org