The Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal is organizing a GIAN Course on Biosphere-Contemporary Global Challenges from February 22 to 26, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
The course will consist of a set of assigned readings, daily written briefs on the readings, daily small group presentations on the assigned material, and facilitated lectures and discussions by the instructor and invited speakers. The course will include field trips to several facilities that illustrate the issues of sustainability covered in class.
Students will complete a small-group course project report and presentation on a related topic. Each student will keep a daily log in a hardcover notebook of their thinking on sustainability and human needs over the course of the project. Students completing the course will understand contemporary global challenges, and be able to evaluate technologies and public policies to counter the challenges faced by the biosphere.
The goal of this course is to enable students to evaluate critically and systematically, the global challenges in the biosphere in the 21st Century. This will be achieved by the following objectives:
- Exposure of participants to the dangerous phenomena in the atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere, and their possible consequences.
- Creating representations about transformation and transport of the substances in natural and disturbed ecosystems.
- Providing information on approaches and methods for the study of natural environments.
- Formation an impression of the real problems in the biosphere as a whole and the ideas to prevent disasters.
Who can Attend?
- All students at all levels (B.Tech/ M.Tech/ Ph.D.) and Faculty from reputed academic institutions and technical institutions can benefit from this program as the credit course.
- Engineers, working officials of NGOs, and researchers in the field of water resources can attend this course.
- Students, teachers, and working officials of SAARC countries can also attend this course.
- Students Participants without/ with Grading: Rs. 1000/ Rs. 2000
- Faculty (Internal & External) & Scientists: Rs. 4,000
- Persons from Industry/ Consultancy firms: Rs. 8,000
- Foreign Students: USD 100
- Other Foreign Participants: USD 200
The above fee includes all instructional materials, computer use for tutorials and assignments, laboratory equipment usage charges, free internet facility. The participants will be provided with accommodation on a payment basis.
Selected candidates will be intimated through Email. They have to remit the necessary course fee to the Bank as per the details: Account Name: GIAN NITW; Account Number: 62447453600; Bank State Bank of India, REC Branch, NIT Warangal; Branch Code: 20149; IFSC: SBIN0020149; MICR Code: 506004011; SWIFT Code: SBHYINBB018.
To register for the course online, click here.
Mobile 9908132001/ 8639600208
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.