The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar is organizing a GIAN Course on Advanced Permanent Magnet Machine-drive Technologies for Transport Electrification and Renewable Energy from December 14 to 18, 2020.
National Institute Of Technology Silchar (NIT Silchar or NITS) is one of the 31 NITs of India and was established in 1967 as a Regional Engineering College in Silchar. In 2002, it was upgraded to the status of National Institute of Technology and was declared as Institute of National Importance under the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007.
The course will be highly beneficial for current and future engineering graduates to understand the fundamentals of the permanent magnet machines and drive systems, as it is the future technology of choice. The course will begin with the basic working principle and finish with the most recent advancements.
The course materials will be tailored in a way that will be suitable for both beginners and professionals. The course will aim to provide full comprehensive knowledge about PM machines and drive technology to the attendees.
The primary objectives of the course are as follows:
- Expose participants to the fundamentals of PM machines and drive technology,
- Build-in confidence and capability amongst the participants in the industrial adoption of PM machine and drives technology and provides guidance for troubleshooting in the design and control of PM machine drive systems.
- Provide exposure to practical problems and their solutions, through case studies in design and control of PM machines.
- Enhance the capability of the participants in the design and control of PM machines applicable to emerging technologies.
- Introduction to fundamentals of three-phase electric machines, permanent magnet materials, types of permanent magnet machines, and their working principles.
- Geometrical definitions and dimensions for analytical design model, analysis of electromagnetic performances.
- Design methods – analytical modeling.
- Design methods –finite element analysis based.
- Design challenges for emerging applications such as electric vehicles, wind energy conversion.
- Introduction to design optimization methods.
- DQ theory, DQ-model of PM machine, fundamentals of a PM machine drive system.
- Introduction to field-oriented control (FOC).
- Recent advances in PM machine designs and future challenges.
Who can Attend?
The following are invited to attend the course:
- Interested graduate students, research scientists, and industry professionals working in the energy industry.
- Some undergraduate students with prior exposure to at least one of the courses on “Power systems”, “Power electronics”, “Electrical machines”, “Renewable energy”.
- Researchers in the fields of Electrical engineering, Electrical, and electronics engineering.
- The teachers/ professors in the fields of Electrical engineering.
- Students or faculty from an academic institution interested in exposure to recent research developments in power systems, power electronics, electrical machines, wind energy conversion systems, electric vehicles, or non-conventional energy generation.
- Participation from outside NIT Silchar will be given preferences.
Who can Attend?
- Faculty: INR 5000
- External Students: INR 1000
- Internal PG & Ph.D. Students: INR 1000
- Internal UG Students: Nil
The above registration fee is towards instructional materials, computer use for tutorials, 24 hours free internet facility, light refreshments, etc. The outstation participants will be provided twin sharing accommodation on a payment basis in Institute Guest House if available.
Candidates are requested to pay the requisite Course Fee online in favor of the Director, NIT Silchar, India, Bank Account No: 10521277057, IFSC Code: SBIN0007061, MICR Code: 788002004.
To apply online, click here.
Furthermore, candidates are requested to download the registration form by clicking here and then send the scan copy of the filled-in form with a scanned copy of the course fee transaction slip to the course coordinator’s e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com ). This is for the Course Coordinator’s record.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online Certificate Course/ FDP on Direct Taxes & GST by Ramanujan College, DU [Oct 16-Nov 8]: Registrations Open.