Getty Images invites entries from motivated photojournalists across the world for its Reportage Grant Program for Editorial Photography.
About the Grant:
Getty Images understand that creating and managing in-depth photography assignments requires time, freedom, support and considerable resources.
The Getty Images Reportage Grant continues the tradition of its Editorial Grants program, which, from its founding in 2004, has supported independent photojournalists around the world by providing the creative freedom necessary to pursue work that is personally important to them.
- Rs. 10,47,757 ($15,000) prize (three available).
- Winners will be announced in September.
- Receive recognition in media coverage of grant winners.
- Assurance that you retain copyrights to the images you submit for judges’ review.
- Option to have Getty Images’ editorial guidance throughout your project.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and presently engaged as a professional photojournalist.
- A professional photojournalist, for the purposes of the Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography, is one who derives the majority of his or her income from documenting issues and events through still photography.
- Applicants may apply as individuals or teams.
- Getty Images employees may not apply.
- Summary of the project proposal (Min 300 words, Max 500).
- A short biography detailing who you are and what you’ve done.
- 20-25 original images either related to the proposal or unrelated portfolio images.
- The proposals must be in English and be submitted electronically.
Grants will be awarded by independent judges selected by Getty Images for their expertise and experience.
Selection will be based on the judges’ determination of applicant’s ability to execute the submitted project with compelling a visual narrative in a documentary feature format, taking into account the caliber of the portfolio, the project’s merit, and professional ability.
Click here to apply.
May 15, 2019.