About the German Chancellor Fellowship
Launch your career in Germany – become part of a worldwide network. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is searching for the leaders of tomorrow – from Brazil, China, India, Russia, and the USA. The German Chancellor Fellowship offers you an opportunity to take the next career step in Germany – irrespective of your field of work.
The fellowships give them the opportunity to spend a year in Germany networking with other prospective leaders from abroad, who are also sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation, and to explore new solutions to the global issues of our times. With this programme Germany once again presents itself as a destination of choice for intercultural dialogue and as a meeting place for the international leaders of tomorrow.
In order to apply, develop your own project idea and find the host of your choice to mentor you. Once your host has confirmed, you can apply for a fellowship.
- are a university graduate with an international bias from Brazil, China, India, Russia or the USA and have already acquired initial leadership experience
- completed your first degree less than 12 years ago
- would like to spend a year working on a project you have developed yourself with a host of your choice in Germany
- can demonstrate that your project will be of social significance and that you have the potential to build future bridges between Germany and your own country
- work in a sector such as politics, economics, the media, administration and culture
- a monthly fellowship of €2,170, €2,470 or €2,770, depending on your qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a study tour of Germany and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career.