About the Symposium
The aim of the present symposium is to provide a platform for active interaction of students to share their knowledge in the field of Geology. It will also motivate the young talent towards research and development.
Students of M. Sc., M.Sc. Tech. classes and Research scholars are eligible for participation in the symposium (Identity card mandatory).
Department of Geology,
Faculty of Earth Sciences, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur (Rajasthan)
Students can prepare their presentation by selecting any topic from following field:
- Physical Geology, Structural Geology & Tectonics
- Stratigraphy and Palaeontology
- Economic Geology, Mineral exploration, Applied Geology & Mining
- Petrology, Mineralogy and Geochemistry
- Groundwater, Environmental Geology, Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics
All those who desire to participate in the symposium are invited to submit an extended abstract including illustrations, photographs, etc., on or before 15 February, 2019. Abstract should not exceed 1000 words and within one A4 size page, in MS-Word format, Times New Roman, Font 12, line spacing 1.5, The title of the abstract should be in Times New Roman, font 14, bold, centered aligned, following authors names, affiliations and e-mail of corresponding author. Figures should be accommodated on the same page. The margins of page: Top, Bottom and Right is 1 inch and left is 1.5 inch.
Each participant will be given 10 minutes for oral presentation and 5 minutes for discussion. LCD facility is available for presentation. Those who intend to present the paper through poster will be allotted space for poster presentation.
- All those who are willing to participate, should complete the attached registration form and send it to reach us on or before 15 February, 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Fee: Rs. 500/- (Compulsory)
- Registration fee should be paid by crossed Demand Draft/MICR Cheque in favour of the Coordinator, GEOYOUTH, Udaipur.
For Registration Form, click here.
A three member committee will evaluate the presentation/ posters in each technical session. Six best papers (3 from research scholars and 3 from PG students) will be awarded on valedictory function. The papers will be evaluated on the basis of following points: Choice of topic, preparation, presentation, overall impact, discussion. Certificates will be also awarded to all participants for presentation in the symposium
- Abstract Submission Deadline: Feb 15, 2019
- Registration Deadline: Feb 15, 2019
- Event Dates: February 23 – 24, 2019