About the Olympiad
There is a great demand for Geographers in our country and abroad. Students learning this subject have an excellent career scope. However, Geography has taken a back seat to other subjects in the class room for many years.
Concerned about this widespread lack of geographic knowledge, GEO GENIUS organized Geography Olympiad to revive the interest in the subject among the students.
- Students of State Board, ICSE Board, CBSE Board and International Boards. Standard II to X only.
- Schools should register at least 50 students overall from all standards to be able to enroll for this competition
- Competition is made up of multiple choice questions, testing Geographical knowledge and skills. The Olympiad will be conducted every year in two steps.
- Level 1 – First, children participate in various Schools held at their respective School location throughout the country on 14th Dec, 2018. This will be a written exam with multiple choice questions.
- Level 2 – Top 50 Participants in each category with high scores from Level 1, will be invited to Mumbai for the National Finals (Level 2) to be held in April, 2019.
- This will be a written exam with multiple choice questions followed by an audio visual round. Students have to clear the written exam round to qualify for the audio visual round.
- Top 10 Participants in each category with high scores from this written exam will be qualified for the audio visual round.
Note: A student/parent/teacher has to bear all the expenses of travel for National Final (Level 2) on their own.
To download the registration form, click here.
- Exam Fees Rs. 140 per student.
- Preparatory Text Book (not compulsory but strongly recommended) Rs. 110.
DD payable in favor of “GEO GENIUS” payable at Mumbai, Maharashtra
To view the details regarding Rewards, click here.
- Last date for registration: 31st October, 2018
- Exam date: 14th December, 2018
Level 1 Exam: the School itself
Mobile: 9967319624 / 8446590294
Address: GEO GENIUS, c/o Priyanka Vishal Bagaria, Shop No 1, Anand Shopping Center, Gaushala Lane, Near Diamond Market, Malad (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400097
Or click here.
To view the Brochure, click here.