Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the General Electric Precision Health Challenge 2021-22.
About General Electric Precision Health Challenge
COVID has revolutionized the healthcare ecosystem as we know it, right from the way doctor-patient interaction used to happen from the way diagnosis/treatment is delivered to the patients.
It has also exposed deep underlying problems in the healthcare sector. In doing so, however, the pandemic points out many areas with huge scope of improvement ranging from personalized health communications to the ability to diagnose diseases remotely.
Hacking is building things that you always wanted to have but no one has built it yet. It’s to come up with an amazing idea and work tirelessly on it. It is to fail, fail again and fail better. Try out new things and learn while doing that. It’s to work together, collaborate and build things that are innovative. It is to be a better programmer.
With the same sprit as ever, GE Healthcare is back with Precision Health Challenge 2022 and invites all students and hackathon enthusiasts to participate in an interesting and engaging hackathon.
- Precision Medicine
- Improving Patient Outcome
- Points of Care
- Improving Workflow of Hospital
- Health Information Privacy
- If you are currently pursuing your Graduation (2nd, 3rd and 4th Year) or Post Graduation in Engineering from any stream and that can be achievable within the given time frame then you are welcome to apply for this challenge.
- You need to be a full-time student studying in India
- Registrations are welcome for ideas/problem statements from any college even outside the select institutes, however it is left to the discretion of the sponsors whether or not to shortlist a given problem statement and the sponsors are not liable for any provide any explanation for the grounds of acceptance or rejection there by.
Participation in the event is free of charge.
- 1st Prize: INR 150000
- 2nd Prize: INR 100000
- 3rd Prize: INR 75000
- Special Award: INR 50000
- This is a team participation hackathon. You can have at most 4 members in your team.
- You can either invite your friends to form a team or participate as individual
- The first phase of hackathon or the ideation phase will start at Nov 20, 2021 12:00 AM IST and end at Dec 20, 2021 11:59 PM IST, you work on your hack during the allotted time only.
- The second phase of hackathon or the prototype phase will start Dec 21, 2021 12:00 AM IST and end at Jan 10, 2022 11:59 PM IST where the shortlisted candidates will work on a prototype and share a demo of same for review
The final phase will be held on Jan 21st 2022 where the final 5 contestants will be given a live platform to showcase their final demo of a working prototype.
- It’s an online hackathon, you can participate from anywhere.
- There are 5 themes of the hackathon, you must submit a hack that is in one of these themes.
- Once the hackathon starts, you will get an option to submit your hack, you can submit as many times as you want, the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
- You are expected to come up with new and innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be developed entirely during the Hackathon duration. You may use open source libraries and other freely available systems / services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds etc.
- The intellectual property of your code belongs only to your team.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the challenge through this link.
Dec 15, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the General Electric Precision Health Challenge 2021-22.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: