The Gen Foundation is a charitable trust which principally provides grants to students/ researchers in natural sciences, in particular, food sciences/technology.
The aim of the Foundation is to enhance the importance of cross-cultures between Japan and the rest of the world in today’s global society. All potential candidates should be aware that the Gen Foundation grants are one-off, non-renewable awards.
To be eligible for a Gen Foundation grant, an applicant:
- Must study and/or research in the field of natural sciences, in particular food sciences/technology and
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The Foundation does not support undergraduates, short-term training, conferences, seminars, or thesis writing. Such applications will not be considered.
- The application form must be completed in English and submitted with all of the supporting documents.
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Download a copy of the application form here: 2018 Application Form
|Action||Start Date||End Date|
|Application Period||November 01, 2017||February 28, 2018|
|Evaluation Period||March 01, 2018||April 30, 2018|
|Initial Result Notification||End of May 2018||–|
|Interview Period||June 01, 2018||June 29, 2018|
|Final Result Notification & Grants Awarded||September 2018||–|
The Gen Foundation, Tel: +44(0) 20 7495 5564