Applications are now invited for the GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security 2021.
In 2015, under the umbrella of its Creativity and Innovation Initiative, the GCSP and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme established a prize in order to recognize deserving individuals or organizations that have an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges.
The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
The winners (first, second and third place) will be announced publicly during an event to be held in November 2021. The prize for the application coming in first position is CHF 10’000 and a certificate of excellence. The two other finalist applications will receive a certificate of recognition.
- The prize is awarded for projects by any individual, or group of individuals, or organization (from private or public sectors), which contribute to global security and have been submitted for consideration according to these rules and regulations.
- No more than one application per applicant is allowed.
- Applications may come from any country, but the projects should go beyond national borders in their reach or thinking and must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas.
- A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research, or grassroots initiatives.
- The prize is intended to encourage and recognize excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security.
The winners (first, second and third place) will be selected by the panel of judges, and selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Dedication to sustainable global security
- Preservation of human dignity, security, and justice
How to Apply?
Applications must be submitted via the online application form in order to be considered for the prize, and shall include:
- a project abstract of 250 words maximum;
- a well-developed project description that should not exceed 1,000 words in length. The application should include a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field.
- up to five image files (optional).
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is September 23, 2021.
You might also be interested in: