Applications are now open for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. GATE examination is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) with Ministry of Education (MoE) and other Government Scholarships / Assistantships, subject to the admission criteria of the admitting institute.
- GATE 2021 will be conducted for 27 Subjects (also referred to as “papers”).
- GATE 2021 examination will be conducted over six days and twelve sessions on Friday 5th, Saturday 6th, Sunday 7th, Friday 12th, Saturday 13th, and Sunday 14th of February 2021.
- The GATE examination is conducted in different cities across India as well as six cities outside India (In International centers, GATE-2021 will be conducted only if the current COVID-19 situation eases and travel and other restrictions are relaxed. Else GATE-2021 in international centers will be “CANCELLED”).
- Fully Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Two NEW subject papers are introduced: ES (Environmental Science and Engineering); XH (Humanities and Social Sciences) in Economics/ English/ Linguistics/ Philosophy/ Psychology/ Sociology.
- The total number of subject papers: 27.
- Syllabi of all subject papers have been revised for GATE 2021.
- A Candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any Government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible to appear for the GATE-2021 examination.
- There is NO age limit to appear for the GATE 2021 examination.
The registration fee for the exam is given as below:
|For Examination Centres in India||Regular Period
(14th to 30th Sept. 2020)
|During the Extended Period
(1st to 7th Oct 2020)
|Female candidates (per paper)||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|SC / ST / PwD* category candidates (per paper)||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|All other candidates (per paper)||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
Register online for GATE-2021 by clicking here.
- Closing Date of REGULAR online registration/ application portal: September 30, 2020
- End of the EXTENDED period for online registration/ application (with late fee): October 7, 2020
- Last Date for change of category, paper, and examination city (an additional fee will be applicable): November 13, 2020
- Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Portal (for download and printing): January 8, 2021
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore,
Bengaluru 560 012
Phone Number: 080-22932392
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.