Applications are open for the Gap Year Program of Rishihood University, which provides practical learning opportunities to Class 12 pass-outs and school dropout students.
About the Program:
Rishihood’s Gap Year Program is a unique self-discovery program to nurture a better orientation towards academic and work life. Students, after completing school, are provided a year-long structured program of exploration, leadership development, unlearning and learning.
The program targets to equip the students with the tools, skills, and habits they need to define their own path to self-reliant adulthood.
The carefully designed curriculum is built to give every participant the confidence, grit, and self-reliance they need to succeed as a global citizen in tomorrow’s world.
- Wide Exposure: The seasoned faculty will give a broad idea of diverse subjects ranging from public affairs, entrepreneurship, arts, leadership, life-skills, amongst many other domains.
- Experience-based learning: The students will themselves live the class lessons through project-based assignments, internships, field visits and traveling.
- Skill Training: The professionals will expose them to a large number of hard skills like cooking, gardening, photography, writing, acting, etc like keeping in mind the career opportunities that can be created. They will be trained in soft skills to help in both personal and professional lives.
- Personalized mentoring: The students will also be trained under experienced mentors and coaches on making informed choices, developing their emotional quotient and nurturing their spiritual quotient.
- Travel-based learning: Traveling teaches and opens the mind in a way like no other lesson can. The students will travel across the country and abroad to immerse in diverse cultures and lifelong experiences.
- Networking: Students will forge strong bonds with like-minded people, connect with the leaders and build relationships for life.
- Students who have passed the class 12 board or equivalent exam.
- Students who have appeared for class 12 exams.
- Students who dropped out of school for some valid reasons.
- Students who have been part of an alternative education system (unschooling/ homeschooling etc).
The Gap Year journey extends for 9 months, where the last phase concludes with the internship/ volunteering/ workspace experience.
The fee of the course is 2.55L INR which includes the taxes, 5 months of on-campus accommodation, meals, 30 days of extensive travel, workshops, field visits.
- 15th April 2019: Online Application Opens.
- 1st May – 10th June 2019: Interviews and Results on Rolling Basis.
- 1st June 2019: First Phase Deadline for Online Application.
- 15th June 2019: Second Phase Deadline for Online Application.
- 25th June 2019: Interview Results for Second Phase Applicants.
- 15 July 2019: Program Begins.
Click here to apply and for FAQs.
Admission Helpline: +91 89299 00404