The Gaj Mahotsav, Festival of Elephants will be celebrated between Aug 12th -15th at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, 11, Mansingh Road in New Delhi.
The Mahotsav will bring together policy makers; leaders of industry; eminent conservationists; influencers from the world of entertainment, sports, art and culture; the citizens of Delhi and school children who will come forward to show their support for our national heritage animal.
On each of the four days of the festival, we will have various panels, talks and activities centered around elephants;
- Gaja Shastra: Dialogues on Elephants and National Policy (Policy & Corporates Panels & Technical Workshops)
- Gaja Sutra: Unravelling the story of the Indian Elephant (Media seminar)
- Airavata: Elephants in Indian Ethos and Heritage (Discussions and panels on elephants in Indian art, culture, history etc.)
- Gaja Gamini: Indian Elephants in Cinema (Film screenings)
- Gaja Dharma: Elephants in religious Traditions (Panels on elephant in religion)
- Bala Gaja: The Secret World of Indian elephants (Children’s Activities)
- Gaja Yatra: A visual representation of elephant journeys (Exhibition of 101 life sized elephant sculptures, 51 photographs & 41 paintings)
- Gajotsava: An Evening with Elephants (Dance & Music performances)
To avoid the rush on the day, please register online at this page.
(Entry is free for all but those who register will be assured of entry into a session with limited capacity seating)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details, view the brochure given here.