G.P. Birla UG Scholarship for West Bengal Students [100 Scholarships, Rs. 50K Each]: Apply by July 15
About the Scholarship:
The G.P. Birla Scholarship Trust proposes to grant Scholarships to meritorious students, male or female, from West Bengal, who have in the year 2019, passed class XII examination and have secured 80% marks or more from State Board or 85% or more from Central Board and whose family income is less than Rs. 3,00,000/- per year and as such are in need of financial help to pursue further studies.
Further studies may be in any stream including Science, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Commerce, Law, Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretaryship and Cost Accountancy Course in any recognized University/Institution in India.
- Scholarship amount will be to cover Tuition Fees and Hostel Fees, [where applicable], subject to a ceiling of Rs. 50,000/- per student per year.
- The Scholarship will be granted to 100 selected students for one year at a time and to be continued upon satisfactory performance by the Student in the preceding year, as evaluated by the Trust, up to the completion of the Course subject to a ceiling of 4 years, on yearly basis.
- Additional onetime payment of Rs. 7000/- towards the purchase of Books in 1st Year shall also be given.
- For the selection of Students for G.P. Birla Scholarship, an Expert Panel of the Trust will review the applications received and interview shortlisted prospective candidates. The decision of the Expert Panel will be final.
- Applications may be forwarded through the Head of the Institution from which the Student has passed Class XII or where he has taken admission.
- It is expected that financial support of GP Birla Educational Foundation will help produce future leaders of the country.
How to Apply?
- Click here for the application form.
- Send the completed form to the following address:
- G.P. Birla Educational Foundation, 78, Syed Amir Ali, Avenue, Kolkata – 700019
Completed Application Form should reach the Trust on or before 15.07.2019.
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation
Attn: Chetan Agarwal
78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata-700019
Phone No: +91 8479915170
For the official website, click here.
About the Author