Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the G.P. Birla Scholarship 2021.
About G.P. Birla Educational Foundation
The Trust has been established to carry forward the cherished dream of Late Shri G. P. Birla, the renowned Industrialist and Philanthropist, to promote education, develop human resources and empower the youth of the Country.
About G.P. Birla Scholarship 2021
With this objective, the Trust proposes to grant Scholarships to meritorious students, male or female, from West Bengal, who have in the year 2021, passed class XII examination and have secured 85% marks or more from WBCHSE or 90% or more from ISC/CBSE and whose family income is less than Rs. 3,00,000/- per year and as such are in need of financial help to pursue further studies.
For students who are extra meritorius, maximum family income criteria may be relaxed in the specific cases at the discretion of the Trustees.
Further studies may be in any stream including Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Law or professional courses such as Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretaryship and Cost Accountancy if pursuing along with Under Graduation degree Course, in any recognized University/Institution in India.
- Scholarship amount, to be granted to a limited number of selected students, will be to cover Tuition Fees and Hostel Fees, [where applicable], subject to a ceiling of Rs. 50,000/- per student per year.
- The Scholarship will be granted to students for one year at a time and to be continued upon satisfactory performance by the Student in the preceding year, as evaluated by the Trust, up to the completion of the Course subject to a ceiling of 4 years, on yearly basis.
- Additional one-time payment of Rs. 7000/- towards the purchase of Books in 1st Year shall also be given.
- For the selection of Students for Scholarship, an Expert Panel, which presently includes Prof. Sumanta Basu of the Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata, and Dr. Rajib Das of Jadavpur University, Kolkata, will review the applications received and interview shortlisted prospective candidates.
- The decision of the Expert Panel will be final. It is expected that the financial support of GP Birla Educational Foundation will help produce future leaders of the country.
How to Apply?
I. Application may be made in Offline Mode.
Eligible students applying for the scholarship through offline mode should fill-up the prescribed Form (Download) and send the completed application form along with enclosures to:-
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation,
78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata – 700019
(Landmark. Calcutta Ice Skating Rink)
II. Application may be made in Online Mode.
Eligible students applying for the scholarship through online mode should fill up the available form online after reading the instructions below:
1. Before initiating filling up of the application, students / Parents / guardian are advised to keep the following documents handy:
a. Scanned Colour Photograph (.jpg max size 30KB)
b. Annual Family Income Proof Certificate (.pdf max size 2MB) :
- Copy of Form 16 or Salary Certificate, in case the Father or Mother is in Employment with Government or Private Sector, or
- Copy of Income Tax Return or Certificate from Tahsildars, Councillors,etc in any other case.
c. Copy of Class XII Marksheet (.pdf max size 2MB).
d. Proof of admission (if admission has been taken) at a university or college in which the applicant shall pursue further studies (.pdf max size 2MB).
2. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form are given below
|Email Id||Provide correct email id, as all the communications will be sent to this email Id.|
|Mark obtained (%)||WBCHSE. %age of total marks out of 500 (As per results)|
ISC/CBSE. %age of best of 4 Papers out of 400 (One Language paper compulsory)
3. After submitting the application, unique application no. shall be generated which shall be kept for future reference. If application is made online, the application form need not by sent by post.
4. Shortlisted students shall be intimated through email about further process.
September 30, 2021
- Attn: Chetan Agarwal
78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue,
- Phone No: +91 8479915170 (Monday to Friday 11 AM to 5 PM)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org