Future Skills Innovation Challenge 2020 by Ashoka Changemakers [Cash Prize Upto Rs. 17.5L]: Apply by Feb 28
Applications are now open for the Future Skills Innovation Challenge 2020! We want to find creative, passionate innovators who are building a future where everyone has the skills needed to thrive. Specifically, we’re looking for ideas that focus on Employability or Financial Capability.
Ashoka and HSBC recognize the power of social entrepreneurs to help develop the skills needed to plan for a successful future, both financially and through meaningful employment. That’s why we have launched the Future Skills Innovation Challenge, an international competition aimed at recognising, supporting and nurturing the best social entrepreneurs and their innovations.
We’re looking for innovators building a future where everyone has the skills needed to thrive.
What are Future Skills?
These are competencies that increase financial capability and employability — equipping our communities to play an active role in the economy of the future. Financial capability means having the skills, attitudes and tools needed to manage money effectively.
Employability is a set of achievements, understandings and attributes that make individuals more likely to gain employment and to be successful in their chosen occupations. To thrive in the future, communities and individuals will need these essential skills.
Call for Solutions
Within the topic of Financial Capability we love innovations such as:
- Digital solutions which empower people with the knowledge and skills to manage their money effectively.
- Innovations that change people’s behaviours and enable them to be financially healthy.
Within the topic of Employability we love innovations such as:
- Entrepreneurs who focus on developing innovative, high-quality future skills training that will skill, reskill and upskill people.
- Ideas that help people foster the mindset of continuous learning – especially in industries that are most vulnerable to the effects of automation.
There will be 12 challenges winners, across 3 categories:
Most scalable solutions:
- Awarded to solutions with proven models who have potential to begin scaling their impact.
- Winners receive and up to $25k cash prize plus support & mentoring from HSBC and Ashoka on how to scale and raise additional finance.
Who can Enter?
- You must have incorporated as a non-profit, for-profit, or hybrid organization.
- You must be over 18 by the time you apply.
- If your product has not launched, you must have a business plan and MVP (prototype, pilot, or another proof of concept).
- Entries will only be accepted in English (winners will be expected to engage in activities that require English proficiency)
- Entry Phase – 6th January to 28th February, 2020
- Screening & Peer Review – 2nd March to 27th March, 2020
- Semi-finalists Announced – 27th March, 2020
- Refining – 30th March – 6th April, 2020
- Shortlisting – 7th April – 24th April, 2020
- Finalists Announced – 27th April, 2020
- Judges Panel and Due Diligence – 28th April to 15th May, 2020
- Winners announcement – Late May, 2020
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.