Fully Funded World Press Institute Fellowship in USA: Apply by Feb 15
Each year, hundreds of professional journalists from around the world apply for 10 World Press Institute (WPI) fellowship slots.
The chosen finalists represent some of the best journalists in their respective countries. They are innately curious, intelligent and ambitious, and approach journalism with a deep sense of dedication and responsibility.
Why become a WPI Fellow?
Gain access to, engage in and observe the role, responsibility and impact of a free press firsthand in one of the world’s largest, most diverse democracies. Through an immersive program, you will learn how the U.S. founding principles of a free press and journalistic best practices help foster transparency and accountability of government institutions, businesses and organizations, including the most powerful ones.
Fellows must commit to a demanding nine-week cross-country program that begins and ends in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota.
WPI pays the following program expenses:
- Roundtrip airfare to the United States.
- Travel within the United States related to the WPI program.
3. Food: Fellows receive a modest daily allowance to purchase food.
Fellows are responsible for personal expenses, such as phone, camera, postage and clothing.
- At least five years of full-time employment in print, broadcast or online journalism, including:
- News or editorial departments of newspapers, wire services, radio, television, websites or online publications.
- Photojournalists, editorial cartoonists, columnists and broadcast producers.
- Those who supervise journalists are eligible if they also have at least five years as a working journalist.
- Any journalism-related work completed as a university student does not count toward experience. Those who work in public relations or at organizations whose primary business is not the media are not eligible.
3. Must be currently employed as a non-U.S. journalist working outside of the United States.
4. Fluency in both written and spoken English.
5. Potential for leadership.
How to Apply?
Click here to apply.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2018.
For further details on the same, click here.
About the Author