MCW Global’s year-long flagship program is for participants (18 to 26), who are prepared to become leaders of positive change in their communities by giving them the tools and skills needed to transform passion into action. The program is based on 3 phases.
To be eligible for the program, Young Leaders should:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community.
- Identify an issue in their community to address.
- Be between the ages of 18-26.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Commit to attending the 10-day retreat and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project.
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation.
- Have access to email and Internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program.
- Adhere to Young Leaders Access Program graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program).
- In an effort to make the program accessible to all participants, MCW Global will cover program and flight costs.
- MCW Global will also cover costs during the summer retreat (July 23- August 1, 2019), including housing, food, travel to and from the retreat venues, and any necessary supplies.
- MCW Global requires all participants to pay for on the ground costs, including passport, visa, and in-country ground transportation fees. (Not applicable for U.S. based participants.)
How to Apply?
Click here to apply online.
Shortlist candidates will be asked to submit a brief needs assessment, which will describe their community issue and potential solutions in greater detail. If selected, candidates will be contacted for a virtual interview with alumni, who have gone through the program.
Applicants who are selected to participate in the program will be notified by email of their status on April 1, 2019.
- General information
- Two letters of recommendation
- Liability waiver
Application Deadline: January 2, 2019.
For further details on the same, click here.