Applications are open for 2019-2020 Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships Program. It is designed for Indians to pursue a master’s degree program at select U.S. colleges and universities in the areas of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage conservation and Museum Studies; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Legal Studies; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
The fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.
- Funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs; and
- Accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines.
- The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide no financial support for dependents.
In addition to the General Prerequisites, the applicants should:
- have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants should either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
- have at least three years’ full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to your proposed field of study by the application deadline;
- demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program; and
- if employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
- Submit applications here.
- Please carefully review the instructions here before starting the online application.
- Please refer to the checklist here before submitting the application.
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on the online applicaiton:
FNMaster’s Applicant Annexure
FNMaster’s Employer’s Endorsement Form
- Deadline: June 15
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: +91-11-4209-0909/2332-8944
- Fax: +91-11-2332-9718