Applications are now invited for the Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2022-23. These fellowships are designed for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. The Postdoctoral Research Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities.
Postdoctoral fellows will have access to some of the finest resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions. These fellowships are for eight to 24 months.
- Agricultural Sciences;
- Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber-security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data analytics);
- Education Policy and Planning
- Energy Studies
- Geography (including GIS and Geology)
- Language and Literature
- Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications)
- Mathematical Sciences
- Performing Arts
- Political Science (including, but not limited to, International Security and Strategic Studies)
- Public Health
- Public Policy
- Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management)
- Visual Arts
- Women’s and Gender Studies
These fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance. Subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance, and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 percent of the grant period.
In addition to the General Prerequisites:
- the applicant must have a Ph.D. or a D.M. degree within the past four years. S/he must have obtained a Ph.D. degree between July 15, 2017, and September 14, 2021. The applicant is required to upload his/ her Ph.D. or D.M. degree certificate/ provisional Ph.D. certificate on the online application;
- the applicant must have a publication in reputed journals and demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement. S/he must upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) on the online application (not exceeding 30 pages); and
- if the applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer’s endorsement. If applicable, obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. Candidates working under government-funded projects are also required to get an endorsement from their affiliating institutions in India.
In the application, the applicant is required to indicate the period in which s/he can complete the proposed project in the United States. The applicant must determine grant duration carefully. Should s/he be selected for a grant, it will be for the period specified in his/ her application. The duration cannot be changed.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is September 15, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.