The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships are designed for outstanding Indians to pursue a master’s degree program at select U.S. colleges and universities in the areas of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Legal Studies; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
These fellowships are for highly motivated individuals who demonstrate leadership qualities, have completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree, have at least three years professional work experience, and are committed to return and contribute to their communities. The fellowships are for one to two years.
The fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.
- Funding for tuition and fees*, living and related costs; and
- Accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines.
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide no financial support for dependents.
* USIEF funding may not cover all costs and the scholar may need to supplement grant benefits with other resources.
In addition to the General Prerequisites, the applicants should:
- Have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants should either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
- Have at least three years’ full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to your proposed field of study by the application deadline;
- Demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program; and
- If employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
How to Apply?
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2018.
United States-India Educational Foundation
12 Hailey Road
New Delhi 110 001
For further details on the same, click here.