Applications are invited for the Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships for the academic session 2021-22.
The Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships are designed for Indian scholars who are registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution. These fellowships are for six to nine months.
Applications are invited in the following fields only:
- Agricultural Sciences;
- Climate Change Sciences;
- Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cybersecurity, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data analytics);
- Education Policy and Planning;
- Energy Studies;
- International Law;
- International Security and Strategic Studies;
- Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications);
- Mathematical Sciences;
- Neurosciences; Performing Arts;
- Physical Sciences;
- Public Health;
- Public Policy;
The fellowships provide
- J-1 visa support,
- A monthly stipend,
- Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines,
- Round-trip economy class air travel,
- Applicable allowances and modest affiliation fees, if any.
Selected scholars will have opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the U.S. No allowances are provided for dependents. The grant is not sufficient to support family members.
In addition to the General Prerequisites:
- applicant should have done adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S. Applicant must be registered for his/her Ph.D. at an Indian institution on or before September 1, 2019.
- This grant is intended for Ph.D. students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/thesis. Therefore, the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date should at least be three months after the Fulbright-Nehru grant end date. For example, if May 2022 is the grant end date, the applicant cannot submit his/her thesis before August 2022. Please indicate the Ph.D. registration date and the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date in the Applicant Annexure. The applicant can download the Applicant Annexure from the USIEF website;
- If the applicant is employed, s/he must follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is July 15, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in J