Applications are now invited for the Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2022-23.
The Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships are designed for Indian scholars who are registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution. These fellowships are for six to nine months.
- Agricultural Sciences;
- Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber-security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data analytics);
- Education Policy and Planning
- Energy Studies
- Geography (including GIS and Geology)
- Language and Literature
- Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications)
- Mathematical Sciences
- Performing Arts
- Political Science (including, but not limited to, International Security and Strategic Studies)
- Public Health
- Public Policy
- Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management)
- Visual Arts
- Women’s and Gender Studies
The fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, applicable allowances, and modest affiliation fees if any. Selected scholars will have opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the U.S. No allowances are provided for dependents. The grant is not sufficient to support family members.
In addition to the General Prerequisites:
- the applicant should have done adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S. Applicant must be registered for Ph.D. at an Indian institution on or before November 2, 2020. On the online application form, one of the recommendation letters must be from the Ph.D. supervisor that comments on applicants’ research, need for the fellowship, and must indicate the Ph.D. registration date and topic;
- this grant is intended for Ph.D. students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/ thesis. Therefore, the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date should at least be three months after the Fulbright-Nehru grant end date. For example, if May 2023 is the grant end date, the applicant cannot submit his/ her thesis before August 2023. Please indicate the Ph.D. registration date and the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date in the Applicant Annexure.
- if the applicant is employed, s/he must follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
- the applicant must upload a copy of the original published/ presented paper or extracts from the Masters’/M.Phil. thesis on the online application form (not exceeding 20 pages).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is July 15, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.