USIEF invites applications for the Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships 2022-23.
The Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships aim to provide Indian faculty, researchers, and professionals the opportunity to teach, conduct research, or carry out a combination of teaching and research at a U.S. institution.
Depending on the U.S. host institution, it is likely that the grantee may contribute towards developing curriculum and conducting workshops and seminars. These fellowships are for four to nine months. If you are applying for a Flex Award, the minimum length of the total grant is four months and the maximum is six months.
- faculty/researchers must have a Ph.D. degree or equivalent published work with at least five years of relevant teaching/research experience;
- professionals outside academe must have a master’s degree or equivalent published work with recognized professional standing and at least five years relevant experience;
- the applicant should upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) in the online application (not exceeding 30 pages); and
- if the applicant is employed, s/he must follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. The applicant must obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the Letter of Support from Home Institution.
|July 15, 2021||Application due date for 2022-2023 awards|
|September, 2021||Field-specific experts review applications to short-list candidates|
|Early October, 2021||USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome|
|November, 2021||National interviews of short-listed candidates|
|End-November, 2021||USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees|
|December 2021||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement|
|March-April, 2022||USIEF notifies finalists|
|August-September, 2022||Program begins|
How to Apply?
- Applications must be submitted here;
- Candidates are require to carefully review the FNAPE Applicant Instructions before starting your online application;
- Refer to FNAPE Applicant Checklist before submitting the application;
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online application:
For further information, click on the link below:
For more such opportunities, check here: