The fellowship is designed for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. The Postdoctoral Research Fellowships organised by US – India Educational Foundation will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities.
Postdoctoral fellows will have access to some of the finest resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions. These fellowships are for eight to twenty-four months.
Applications are invited in the following fields only:
Agricultural Sciences; Bioengineering; Computer Science (with emphasis on cyber security and digital economy); Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; International Law; International Security and Strategic Studies; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Neurosciences; Public Policy; Public Health; Study of India (limited to anthropology, history, sociology, and visual and performing arts); Study of the U.S. (limited to anthropology, history, sociology, and visual and performing arts); Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management); and Women’s and Gender Studies.
In addition to the General Prerequisites given here,
- You must have a Ph.D. degree within the past four years. You must have obtained your Ph.D. degree between July 15, 2013 and July 16, 2017. You are required to upload your Ph.D. degree certificate/provisional Ph.D. certificate in your online application;
- You must be published in reputed journals and demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement. Please upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) in your online application; and
- If you are employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNPostdoc Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
How to Apply:
- Applications must be submitted online at this link.
- Useful documents to be read before applying are as given below.
- You can apply for only ONE Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
- Unless otherwise specified, Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
- Application received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
- Extensions and transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
For further details about the Fellowship, visit the website link given here.