‘MANAV-The Human Atlas Initiative’ is a project funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, co-funded by Persistent Systems Limited (PSL), and implemented through the National Centre of Cell Science (NCCS), Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER-Pune) and PSL, Pune.
This initiative aims to develop a proof-of-concept for constructing a biological map of the human body, by capturing and collating macro to micro-level data and knowledge available in the scientific literature and other domains.
Abstract of the Talk
Evolution is responsible for the great diversity in life that we see today on earth. While the role of natural selection in evolution is widely known, it is not well appreciated that evolution is, for most part, a random process. Random events such mutations and reproduction in small populations, and fluctuating environments play a key role in shaping the evolutionary trajectories.
In this talk, the speaker will describe some classic experiments that demonstrated randomness in evolution and its consequences, and discuss how one builds stochastic models to understand evolutionary dynamics.
The details of the webinar are as follows:
- Day and Date: Thursday, 13 May 2021
- Time: 4 PM to 5 PM (IST)
Prof. Kavita Jain [Faculty at JNCASR, Bengaluru]
Who can Attend?
Students, Teachers, Industry Professionals, and all science enthusiasts
There is no fee, but registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the webinar through this link.
- Webinars in this series are OPEN to ALL.
- The invitation link for the webinar will be sent by email to the registered candidates.
- They have a participant capacity of 100 seats. Therefore, only the first 100 registered candidates who log in, can attend the interactive session.
- If you are unable to join the ZOOM session, you can still watch the live streaming of the webinar on the ‘MANAV Human Atlas’ MANAV YouTube Channel
For more details, click the link below.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: