Registrations are invited for a Free Online Course on Labour and Migration during the Time of Globalisation by TISS on 14-17 December 2021. The last date of registration is 25 November.
About the Course
The course offers an insight into how various economic theories of migration have evolved, beginning from the classical theories to the more recent New Economics of Labour Migration (NELM).
The course will familiarise the participants with both Macro- and Micro-economic theories of migration such as the Classical, Neo-Classical, Keynesian, Marxian, Dual Labour Market and other theories. It will help participants understand how a migrant is placed in relation to wage differential, employment, remittances, etc.
The course also aims to offer a broader overview of various databases related to labour and migration. It will explain databases used for labour and migration centric research such as NSSO, Census, and Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS). While providing an overview of the two PLFS rounds, the comparability of the PLFS rounds with the previous ‘Employment and Unemployment’ NSSO rounds will also be discussed.
The workshops are for early-career researchers. Candidates should have a master’s degree in any discipline of social sciences and humanities. They should preferably be enrolled either in the MPhil/PhD programme or teaching in a college/university.
- Various theories on labour migration in the context of contemporary issues in migration and their usage in the current world order.
- Quantitative approaches to migration studies and a critical overview of various databases on migration.
- Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) rounds: 2017-18 and 2018-19 and their comparability with the previous NSSO rounds.
- To register for the course on “Labour and Migration during the Time of Globalisation”, click here.
- The application form should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is No fee for the course.
- Last date for receiving application: 25 November 2021
- Announcement of selected candidates: 30 November 2021
Duration: 15 hours (one-credit).
Mobile: +91 8987041323
Click here to view the official notification of Free Online Course on Labour and Migration during the Time of Globalisation by TISS Mumbai.
You may also be interested in:
- Research Fellows at TISS [Mumbai & Bangalore, 3 Positions]: Apply by Nov 29
- Academic Associate (Social Science or Humanities) at IIM Bangalore: Apply by Nov 26