Applicaions are invited for Free Online Course on Geospatial Inputs for Enabling Master Plan Formulation under AMRUT Sub-scheme by ISRO on 11-15 October 2021.
About the Course
The Indian cities are experiencing rapid growth with share of country’s urban population increasing from 27% in 2001 to 32% in 2011. Majority of this growth has taken place in an unplanned and haphazard manner, the ill-effects of which are manifested in the form of poor quality of urban life.
In order to ensure a planned development, the Govt. of India has launched the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) Mission which has a sub-scheme on ‘Formulation of GIS Based Master Plan for AMRUT cities’. IIRS along with Town and Country Planning Organisation (TCPO), Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), GoI has developed the contents of the course for capacity building of personnel involved in the subscheme.
We invite you to attend this training program on Geospatial modelling and applications for urban and regional areas. The course is scheduled from October 11-15, 2021. The course will contain five lectures (each of one and half hour duration). IIRS has successfully conducted 86 such courses so far with 70,108 participants from 2900+ Institutions/ Universities (as of September 20, 2021) spread across India.
- Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme
- Programme overview, scope and coverage
- Project execution and deliverables
- Overview of Geospatial Technology
- Familiarization with remote sensing data sets
- Identification and interpretation of urban features
- GIS based analysis and modeling
- Map projections and Mobile Apps
- Survey Techniques and Navigation Systems
- Survey techniques
- Navigation systems
- Enabling GIS Based Master Plan
- Design & standards for formulation of GIS based Master Plan for AMRUT Cities
- Maps creation based on AMRUT standards
- Overview of Geospatial data collection, usage and data sharing policies in India
The course is designed for Professionals engaged in Urban & Regional Planning, students & researchers of Urban & Regional Planning, Geography, Environmental studies, Civil Engineering, Architecture, etc.
- Interested candidates can register via this page.
- There is no course fee.
Mr. Janardan Vishwakarma & Mr. Ashok Ghildiyal
Click here to view the official notification of Free Online Course on Geospatial Inputs for Enabling Master Plan Formulation under AMRUT Sub-scheme by ISRO.
You may also be interested in: