Registrations are now open for the Free Online Course on Big Data Computing conducted by Prof. Rajiv Misra,
IIT Patna. In today’s fast-paced digital world, the incredible amount of data being generated every minute has grown tremendously from sensors used to gather climate information, posts to social media sites, digital pictures and videos, purchase transaction records, and GPS signals from cell phone to name a few.
This amount of large data with different velocities and varieties is termed as big data and its analytics enables professionals to convert extensive data through statistical and quantitative analysis into powerful insights that can drive efficient decisions.
This course provides an in-depth understanding of terminologies and the core concepts behind big data problems, applications, systems and the techniques, that underlie today’s big data computing technologies. It provides an introduction to some of the most common frameworks such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Large scale data storage technologies such as in-memory key/value storage systems, NoSQL distributed databases, Apache Cassandra, HBase and Big Data Streaming Platforms such as Apache Spark Streaming, Apache Kafka Streams that has made big data analysis easier and more accessible.
Data Structure & Algorithms, Computer Architecture, Operating System, Database Management Systems.
- Week 1: Introduction to Big Data
- Week 2: Introduction to Enabling Technologies for Big Data
- Week 3: Introduction to Big Data Platforms
- Week 4: Introduction to Big Data Storage Platforms for Large Scale Data Storage
- Week 5: Introduction to Big Data Streaming Platforms for Fast Data
- Week 6: Introduction to Big Data Applications (Machine Learning)
- Week 7: Introduction of Big data Machine learning with Spark
- Week 8: Introduction to Big Data Applications (Graph Processing)
Books and Reference Books
Bart Baesens, Analytics in a Big Data World: The Essential Guide to Data Science and its Applications, Wiley, 2014
- Dirk Deroos et al., Hadoop for Dummies, Dreamtech Press, 2014.
- Chuck Lam, Hadoop in Action, December 2010.
- Leskovec, Rajaraman, Ullman, Mining of Massive Datasets, Cambridge University Press.
- I.H. Witten and E. Frank, Data Mining: Practical Machine learning tools and techniques.
- Erik Brynjolfsson et al., The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies, W. W. Norton & Company, 2014.
The course will be covered from August 17 to October 9. The final exam will be conducted on October 18, 2020.
Interested candidates can register online for the course by clicking here.
The last date to register is August 17, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You may also be interested in: