Entries are now open for the Foundwork Artist Prize 2020. The Foundwork Artist Prize is an annual juried prize inaugurated in 2019 to support outstanding artistic practice, the Foundwork Artist Prize includes an unrestricted $10,000 grant and studio visits with each of the distinguished jurors. The honoree and three short-listed artists are also featured in interviews as part of our Dialogues program.
Foundwork is a venue for artists to introduce their work to people across the global contemporary art community. Our purpose is to enable greater access between artists, curators, and collaborators wherever they are based. The project was inspired by founder Adam Yokell’s experience running a gallery in Brooklyn called Hometown where he worked mainly with emerging artists.
- The honoree receives an unrestricted $10,000 grant and studio visits with the jurors who include progressive curators, gallerists, and artists.
- The honoree and three short-listed artists are also featured in interviews as part of our Dialogues program.
The 2020 Foundwork Artist Prize is open to artists who reside in any location around the world, except for a limited number of countries, states, and provinces listed below. Artists working in any media are eligible. In addition, in order to be eligible, an artist must:
- be an individual who is at least eighteen years old.
- not be a Foundwork employee, contractor, or their relative.
- be able to use Foundwork and participate in the Prize in accordance with all applicable laws; and
- have a published artist profile on Foundwork, with at least 5 published artworks, continuously throughout the selection period.
Please note that residents of the following countries, states, and provinces are not eligible for the 2020 Foundwork Artist Prize: Argentina; Arizona (US State); Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Colorado (US State); Republic of Colombia; Cuba; Hong Kong; Iceland; Italy; Iran; Japan; Kosovo; Latvia; Macedonia; North Korea; Quebec (Canadian Province); Russia; Saudi Arabia; Serbia; Sudan; Syria; Thailand; and United Arab Emirates (UAE). These geographic restrictions are for regulatory reasons beyond their control.
How to Apply?
Artists will have to create a profile on Foundwork by October 15, 2020, for the 2020 prize.
To apply online, click here.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Lexus Design Award 2021 for Emerging Designers & Creators: Apply by Oct 11.