FOSSEE invites applications from meritorious candidates from various backgrounds for the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2022.
About IIT Bombay
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is a public technical and research university located in Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance.
About the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship
The students get an opportunity to work with FOSSEE for approximately 2 months. This is a remote fellowship with continuous support and mentoring.
To get shortlisted for the fellowship, Select a project and choose a screening task from the table given below. Then you need to complete at least one of the screening tasks. The selection will be purely based on the evaluation criteria of each screening task.
- Students who are selected for this Fellowship can be from any college, pursuing any degree, and at any stage of their graduation/ post-graduation.
- The only criterion for selection is the successful completion of a useful project. Students desirous of getting selected for this Fellowship have to learn a Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS) and complete some screening tasks.
- These tasks can involve programming/ scientific computing/ conducting awareness workshops/ collecting data that will be of use to the community.
- These screening tasks are not very complicated and can be done over a period of two to four weeks.
Registration and Selection Procedure
- To register Please select one of the projects from the table given below and fill out this form to register.
- The submitted task will be reviewed by experts/ mentors from the FOSSEE team.
- After the review, the top submissions will be selected. The results of the selected fellows will be displayed on the website.
- The fellows will get the flexibility to work full-time (8 hrs a day) or part-time (4 hrs a day) during the fellowship.
Benefits of the Fellowship
- Opportunity to work with faculty from IIT Bombay
- Certificate of Fellowship
- Recognition on the FOSSEE website
Note: At the end of the fellowship you may receive an honorarium depending on your quality of work.
|Last date of Registration||7 April 2022|
|Last date of Submission||11 April 2022|
|Result announcement||18 April 2022|
|Commencement of the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2022||20 April 2022|
|Conclusion of the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2022||Mid-June 2022|
- Phone: (+91) 022-2576-4111
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org